Thursday, May 5, 2011

Arizona Trail Hiker arrived!

Hearsay, hiker trash extraordinaire, Pacific Crest Trail, Appalachian Trail, and possibly though not sure Continental Divide Trail Hiker stopped by the Penguin Pad today.  Filthy stinking hiker trash got to love it!  He is on a possible speed record hike, neck-in-neck with Krudmeister, who also is in town today, passing through on the Arizona Trail.


Hearsay started on April 19th, and has gotten to Flagstaff already, 568.1 miles across Arizona from the Mexico border.  I believe Krudmeister started on April 20th though.  Yes, I find sport in long distance hiking speed records, how could you not?  These guys are serious athletes, busting out the miles day in day out.  In my opinion, they have earned the right to boast of their deeds.

Have fun on the rest of your hike and kill it out there!!!

My Zpacks 8.9 oz Hexamid tent, and my 4 oz Blast Pack arrived today.  I will set the Hexamid up tomorrow and post a pic.  Theres no time tonight, the sun already set here on the Colorado Plateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment