Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the 4th be with you.

Ok, we all know that this is international Star Wars day.  The reasoning is just as valid as saying March 4th is the most progressive day of the year, it just sounds good.



I just got a mail drop in for some Arizona Trail hikers today.  I'm blessed by the occasional hiker that needs a place to crash and shower here in Flagstaff, Az.  Hopefully they get here soon though, I'm about to start the Appalachian Trail.

I'm leaving for the Appalachian Trail in just 8 days.  Got the plane ticket on Delta, which makes me sad.  Southwest doesn't fly into Atlanta, so I get to fly an airline that doesn't advertise how much they love you and makes you pay for baggage.   I still need to get to Springer Mountain, and will probably end up getting a ride from  Survivor Dave.

Well, now I'm trained in LNT principles, and certified by the Leave No Trace Institute to train others in the ethics of LNT also.  Hail Caesar!   The other day was fun I tried to poke out my eye with an internet cord.  Hurt like hell for hours.   Advice, never yank a cord out of a box when there is a ton of junk on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment