Monday, July 11, 2011

Chinese, but not buffet :(

July 10, 2011

Start:  1247 Blueberry encrusted ridge.
End:    1249.6. ditch next to a highway.
Total:    2.6 miles

Today I intended to hit a Chinese buffet for lunch but found out that they don't serve buffet on the weekends.  So sad. I quickly hitched into Walnutport, Pa. with two older Seventh Day Adventist ladies.  They were on their way to a church breakfast, then service, and asked if I would like to join.  I politely refused saying that I had a lot of homework to do, and got a ride to Burger King for a three hour breakfast.  I did homework for most of that time. 

I got a pizza to make up for the lack of buffet, then hitched to Palmerton.  I ended up walking back to the trail, but only made it half way before falling asleep in a ditch near the highway.

------------------------------------------

July 11, 2011

Start:  1249.6 Highway ditch.
End:   1271.2  Penguin camp.
Total:  21.6 miles

I woke feeling dehydrated and hope to soon find water.  The walk back along the expressway is a little overwhelming.  The cars would drive me nuts if I was a biker out here.  I didn't get hit though and make it back to the trail. 

I'm really tired I may add more to this later, bit today was a lot of fatherless walking.  Hot and dried up springs.  I hitched to a China buffet, but no buffet, Awols's guide was wrong.  I had good Chinese food in a very hot restaurant, no ac.  I hitched back walked a little more then set up camp in the woods.  I think that I am going to enter New Jersey tomorrow.  Oh I saw Squatch southbounding today.  It's good to see Facebook friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment