Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bypassing Waynesboro.

My dreams of a Chinese buffet in Waynesboro have fallen apart.  I needed to head into that town to resupply, but found out my account was over drawn and I need to wait a few days for an electronic transfer to go through.  Hopefully I can bum extra food off of hikers at the shelters for the next few days.  Hungry hiking is no fun.  Food fantasies are already hitting me hard, doing back to back high twenty mile days.  Today I'll probably hit thirty miles.

I zero'd in Buena Vista, Va.  Trying to let my heat rash get better and not get a serious staph infection, Like hikers get from being filthy for days on end in humidity and heat. 

Everything else is good.  Congratulations to Kristin for getting your job in the math department.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There'll be more Chinese buffets.

    And thanks, mon ami!! I even get my own NAU Staff e-mail account. Like a boss.

    ReplyDelete